Thursday, April 4, 2019

It’s the water!

Pt had a 7 month history of on and off again knee OA and finger OA on the referral.

I call the chap, early 70’s, he comes along with a put out expression, “Hi I’m your physio the-best-Jess what can I help you with today”

Pt: scoffs “you can’t help me, but I can help you”

Me: “ I understand you’ve been suffering with a flare of OA in your knees, has it eased off? I’m more than happy to give you some advice for managing it for the future if that’s the case”

Pt: “Not necessary darling (I get this a lot I look young and it’s used frequently to patronise though some say it kindly) I only came to tell you to pass the message on. I HAD OA but I cured it. I went on holiday to Spain, drunk only spring water, in two weeks all pain had cleared. In a week of being back in city X in England it came back. I drank spring water again and it cleared! It’s the water! The government is using chlorine in the water to give us arthritis and who knows what other conditions! My poor mother lived near a water treatment plant and her arthritis was horrendous probably because she got the strongest amount of chlorine. If only she knew this then she would of cured herself.”

Me: “You CURED your arthritis with spring water?”

Pt : “Yes, you should let everyone know what the government is doing to us and tell your patients how to cure themselves”

I wanted to bring up his x-ray from 2 days ago which very much shows arthritic joints but hey, I know when to pick my battles and this was not one I had the energy for. I told him that was great that he’s out of pain but gave him the exercise talk which he ignored. One of the many times OA has been cured by something random like spinach, amethyst or red bush tea.

submitted by /u/the-best-jess
[link] [comments]
It’s the water! published first on https://rehabhere.live/

No comments:

Post a Comment