Sunday, April 21, 2019

Wrist - X-Rays

I’ve had a long existing issue with my left wrist which doesn’t involve any pain or discomfort, but more odd movement patterns. I’ll explain.

I play drums, and I hold the sticks in a thumbs up position, so rather than play with palms down, which is more common and involves the wrist operating more like a hinge, I rely on a slight outward rotation of the ulna and I guess inward movement of the radius. This technique has served me just fine, and offers better involvement of the fingers when needed, along other benefits. And while this works great for my right wrist, my left wrist is another story.

Issues I have with my left wrist include:

- Inflection inward when deviating the wrist. In contrast the right hand which will effortlessly deviate (with the rotation or twist I mentioned earlier) my left hand feels impinged. Imagine the fist is clenched with the thumb up with a slight bend in the wrist toward the body and rotating the ulna. The left wrist in the same starting position will bend inward, but in an exaggerated fashion.

- Left hand thumb has a pronounced click when rotated in a full circle at its base.

- The Tendons(?) that define the ‘snuff box’ of the thumb are more prominent on my left hand and wider apart.

- When I bend my left wrist downward (as in a flexion stretch) I feel a resistance along the ridge from my middle finger knuckle through my wrist. In fact, it sometimes feels as though this tendon or whatever it might be is rubbing or getting caught on a bone in my wrist when I deviate it.

- My wrist feels unstable and weak.

I’m not asking for medical advice (though I might be, I dunno, just delete this if I am), but what I want to know is if any of you feel it would be worthwhile getting X-Rays and visiting a professional, and if so, like who? A chiro, physio, I just have no idea that’s all.

Thanks, guys!

submitted by /u/shaboosamosashaboo
[link] [comments]
Wrist - X-Rays published first on https://rehabhere.live/

No comments:

Post a Comment